Confused about all the volunteering options? Don’t know where to start looking?
Perhaps you would just like to spend time talking things through on a one to one basis?
We have just the thing for you
The Volunteer Centre holds monthly drop-in sessions across the New Forest in Hythe, New Milton and Ringwood and bi-monthly sessions at Fordingbridge. The sessions are run by experienced volunteers called Ambassadors.
The Volunteer Ambassadors will spend time with you; answering any queries and helping you select unpaid volunteering roles especially suited to you. They can also advise you how to approach your chosen charity and help you complete any application forms.
No need to make an appointment – just turn up!
Ringwood Meeting House
- Wednesday 22nd March 10am – 12pm: Meeting House
- Wednesday 26th April 10am – 12pm: Meeting House
- Wednesday 24th May 10am – 12pm: Meeting House
New Milton Library
- Tuesday 18th April 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 9th May 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 13th June 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 11th April 10am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday 16th May 10am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday 20th June 10am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 2nd May 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 4th July 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 5th Sept 10am – 12pm
Meet the Volunteer Ambassadors
Viv at Hythe
Viv has plenty of experience working with volunteers, having managed the Test Valley Volunteer Centre for a good number of years. Her passion for helping people volunteer shines through as she is a volunteer herself, running the monthly Hythe Drop-In. Viv has a wealth of knowledge about the local area and beyond and is always ready to welcome people and help them find the perfect role.
Geoffrey at New Milton, Fordingbridge and Ringwood
Geoffrey has had a long and varied involvement in volunteering. Giving up his time to be involved in a large number of community events and projects including driving mini-buses, giving school talks for the RNLI, supporting the Stable Family Home Trust and DJ-ing for Hope FM. He’s even spent time as a town Councillor.
Geoffrey believes in the power of volunteering both for the individual and for the wider community. For him it’s about meeting people and helping them to connect to the role that’s right for them.
“After all, it’s not about the money” he jokes, “if it was I’d be rich by now, but it is about feeling valued. I like enjoying the sense that I’ve done a good job and that it’s made a difference.”
Geoffrey runs the drop in sessions monthly at Ringwood and New Milton and Bi-monthly at Fordingbridge. So why not stop by, say hello and find out more.
So what next?
Visit one of our monthly drop-ins at Hythe, New Milton or Ringwood and chat to Geoffrey or Viv, our Volunteer Ambassadors
- Check out over 500 volunteer roles in your area at www.do-it.org where you can browse by volunteering type, area or time commitment. You can also apply for roles directly online.
- Download and fill in our registration form and we’ll do the searching for you.
- Or contact Lorraine, your friendly Volunteer Coordinator, on 01425 482773 or email email@example.com
Think that you could be a Volunteering Ambassador? There is currently a vacancy for a Volunteer Ambassador in Lymington. Please follow the link for more information on the role and how to apply.