Call and Go
What we do
Call & Go is a Community Transport scheme. It is a flexible bus service for that will take you to set destinations.
How we help you
We operate a fleet of wheelchair accessible minibuses that can collect you from your home, at pre-arranged times, taking you to the nearest major town enabling you to access major supermarkets and services.
On your return home the drivers will assist with carrying any shopping if required.
What does it cost?
Costs will vary according to the distance travelled. Full return fares range from £2.50 - £6.00. If you are in possession of a Concessionary Travel Pass then you will be entitled to a 25% discount. For more information please contact the Call and go administrators at the address or number shown below.
(Call and Go Registration and Membership Form - PDF)
Where we provide the service
We operate nine routes during the week in the following areas.
- Coastal area including New Milton, Lymington, Brockenhurst, Milford on Sea, Barton, Hordle, Everton and Sway.
- Waterside area, including Fawley, Hythe, Blackfield, Dibden Purlieu and Marchwood.
- Totton area including Ashurst, Lyndhurst, Cadnam, Winsor and Eling.
- Fordingbridge area including Martin, Mockbegger, Ibsley and Sandleheath.
- Central New Forest including Lymington, Brockenhurst and Sway.
Our commitment to quality
All of our drivers are DBS checked and MiDAS trained. We are also full members of the Community Transport Association.
What our clients say
“I don’t know what I would have done without your service, I can’t drive anymore and we no longer have a bus service”
“Having been a passenger on your bus for a considerable time, I felt I should congratulate you on your exceptional drivers, without exception they are so kind and considerate”
All of our vehicles are approaching the end of their useful life and to replace them will cost a considerable amount of money. If you would like to support this project to enable us to continue the service please visit Virgin Money Giving/ Community First New Forest, or send donations directly to the address below.
- New Year driving you round the bend already?
- Maybe it’s time to drive someone else there instead?
- Our community transport team are really keen to recruit volunteer minibus drivers. We’re just waiting for you to join us!
- Why not become a part of our Call & Go team of drivers who provide regular shopping trips for passengers who are unable to use public transport.
- Like the idea but don’t have the time….? Why not sign up to drive occasionally for one of the groups hiring our buses.
- It’s completely up to you and can fit in with how much time you have to offer.
For more information, why not check out this video for our driver/minibus recruitment campaign:
We use a number of volunteers both as drivers and escorts on our routes. If you have a few hours available and would like to support your local community, please contact CFNF at the address below. Full MiDAS training and support will be given. Travel expenses at the Inland Revenue rate are payable.
How to contact us
Call and Go
Community First New Forest
First Floor Offices,
71 Christchurch Road,
E mail email@example.com
Telephone 01425 461751
Fax 01425 482666
Monday to Friday 09.00-13.00
(answerphone in operation outside of these hours)