What we do
We have a fleet of wheelchair accessible minibuses that are available to hire for local voluntary or charitable organisations.
If your group has a social event or meeting to attend we may be able to supply a vehicle for you.
The buses are available for regular repeat bookings or even as ‘one offs,’ last year we were able to help with more than 500 bookings.
How we help you
- Buses can be hired for periods ranging from 2 hours up to one week (subject to availability).
- Membership of CFNF is required (£10.00 per year) before you are able to hire our vehicles. Membership enables you to access a number of our services that may benefit you or your group members.
- If you do not have your own MiDAS trained driver available we may be able to provide a volunteer for you.
- All vehicles are equipped with hydraulic tail lifts for easy wheelchair access, and also with low level side entry steps.
- Vehicles available range from 10 to 14 seats.
What does it cost?
We have two charging options.
- Mileage rate at £1.20 per mile which includes the fuel you use on the day, or:
- Day rate, which is £65 plus the cost of fuel used.
We do have a minimum charge of £15.00.
Where we provide the service
Our vehicles are located at:
- New Milton
Our commitment to quality
We have a comprehensive maintenance schedule in place which includes all aspects of vehicle safety.
We are also full members of the Community Transport Association.
What our clients say
‘I’m so pleased we found you. We didn’t think we would be able to make our annual reunion this year as other minibus companies were so expensive’
“Our local surgery refers elderly and frail people to us who would benefit from activities, exercises, a hot lunch and conversation. We provide what we, our local surgeries and our members regard as a vital service, and the use of your minibus is an essential link in the chain.”
“Thank you so much for finding a driver for us for our trip, he was so kind and couldn’t do enough for us. He made our day out complete.”
All of our vehicles are approaching the end of their useful life and to replace them will cost a considerable amount of money. If you would like to support this project to enable us to continue the service please visit Virgin Money Giving/ Community First New Forest, or send donations directly to the address below.
One of the major issues facing voluntary groups is finding someone who is willing and able to drive the minibus for them on their outings. If you have some spare time and would like to help your community please contact CFNF at the address below.
How to contact us
Community First New Forest
First Floor Offices,
71 Christchurch Road,
Telephone 01425 482773 Fax 01425 482666
The files listed above are created using Adobe Acrobat. PDF files are exact copies of the printed document. If you need PDF reader software, download it free from the Adobe Reader website