About our courses
Community First New Forest offers training sessions to our members, community groups and organisations, as well as individuals. In most cases, there will be a charge for the training, but if you become a member of Community First New Forest (membership is free) this will be offered at a reduced rate.
After going on training we can signpost on to further training or development opportunities if you wish. We are always interested to hear of new courses or arrange different subjects to be introduced to the programme.
Training may be on an informal basis, for example, a one to one session, or it can be for up to a hundred people at one time. If we cannot provide the training you ask for we can normally direct you to the right place that can provide what you are looking for.
MiDAS - Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme
MiDAS Training Dates - TBC
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Voluntary and Community Section
Would you like to know about Crowdfunding and how to build a Campaign? (Online Booking Form)
The 3-hour intensive workshop covers the 5 key ingredients that occur in our most successful campaigns.
- Audience targeting: Reach the biggest audience possible by learning what drives different types of donors to support you.
- Event copy: Get everyone to share your campaign by crafting the perfect story.
- Set the right fundraising target: Discover how much you can raise - and what you can do to raise even more.
- Make it exciting to donate: Learn how to build early momentum in your campaign using perks, building a team and other techniques that make your audience excited to donate.
- Campaign planning: Reach a huge audience with the perfect promotion strategy.
During the campaign, you’ll get the opportunity to pitch your idea and get feedback from your colleagues in the room. You’ll also get a chance to network with the other participants.
Following the workshop, all workshop participants who start a campaign will be provided with a free, one on one mentoring session and are invited to join our community of fundraisers for ongoing campaign support.
Trainer : Carl Francis, Engagement and Support Manager at Chuffed.org
Date: Tuesday 25th June 2019 1.30-4.30pm
Venue: Brockenhurst Village Hall, Highwood Rd, Brockenhurst SO42 7RY
Cost: £10 per person
Lone Working Workshop
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Lone working - the law and the responsibilities of both employer and employee
- Risk assessment - identifying and assessing risk
- Tracing systems - ensuring staff are traceable and procedures in place
- Travelling safely - practical tips for relevant modes of transport
- Home visits - best practice for safety while conducting home visits
Understanding aggression - including recognising the early warning signs
Conflict management - including physical and verbal de-escalation and defusion techniques
Post incident support - reporting and the responsibility of employer and employee
Venue: Greyfriars Community Centre, Ringwood
Date: Wednesday, 21 August, 1.30-3.30pm
To book go to Online Booking Form
Delivered by Debbie Grace, Community First New Forest, Tel. 01425 482773, email@example.com
Previous Training Courses:
Community First New Forest can offer commissioned training for your organisation, for example:
Trustee training - this can be delivered at your place of work
Find out what information you need as a trustee and what your legal responsibilities are. This session will provide you with a comprehensive summary including;
- Trustees’ duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities
- Financial Management
2-hour session at a venue in the New Forest
Cost: £35 members £50 non-members
Please email any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel 01425 482773
What our members say
“Very worthwhile. Thank you.”
“A very good workshop, professionally presented, with excellent handouts and attendee involvement.”
“I feel more confident in my role and would recommend this course to others.”