About our courses
Community First New Forest offers training sessions to our members, community groups and organisations, as well as individuals. In most cases, there will be a charge for the training, but if you become a member of Community First New Forest (membership is free) this will be offered at a reduced rate.
After going on training we can signpost on to further training or development opportunities if you wish. We are always interested to hear of new courses or arrange different subjects to be introduced to the programme.
Training may be on an informal basis, for example, a one to one session, or it can be for up to a hundred people at one time. If we cannot provide the training you ask for we can normally direct you to the right place that can provide what you are looking for.
MiDAS - Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme
MiDAS Training Dates
April Mon 16 - classroom | Tues 17 - practical
June Mon 4 - classroom | Tues 5 - practical
Aug Tues 14 - classroom | Wed 15 - practical
Email email@example.com for further information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Another opportunity to attend this course
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will significantly impact organisations approach to data privacy compliance. You should start preparing now to make sure you are compliant when the GDPR comes into effect in May 2018. In this session you will be looking at:
- GDPR and what has changed
- Direct marketing and what we mean by consent
- Reviewing your privacy notices and being compliant
- Preparation for GDPR in audits/action points
- Update on fundraising practice – including regulator, fundraising preference service and codes of practice.
Wednesday 25 April 2018 10am-1pm
Lyndhurst Community Centre, Main Car Park, Lyndhurst SO43 7NY
Voluntary and Community Section
- Are you aware of different sources of funding?
- Do you know what makes a good application?
- Where can you get help?
Come to this workshop provided by Community First New Forest to learn the answer to these questions, ways to approach funders and which funding would be most appropriate for your cause.
Wednesday, 6 June, 5-7pm
Brockenhurst Village Hall, Highwood Rd, Brockenhurst SO42 7RY
Cost: £35 members / £50 non-members
Please contact Debbie Grace for more details, 01425 482773 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lone Working Workshop
The following topics will be covered:
- Lone working - the law and the responsibilities of both employer and employee
- Risk assessment - identifying and assessing risk related to lone working
- Tracing systems - ensuring staff are traceable and procedures are put in place
- Travelling safely - practical tips for relevant modes of transport
- Home visits - best practice for safety while conducting home visits
- The hazards of Harassment, Stalking and Domestic Abuse
- Understanding aggression - including recognising the early warning signs
- Conflict management - including physical and verbal de-escalation and defusion
- Post-incident support - reporting and the responsibility of employer/ee
This will be delivered in Sway in June-final details to be arranged.
Please contact Debbie Grace for more details, 01425 482773 or email email@example.com
Trigger Tool Training
FREE training is being provided for anyone who has contact with people in their homes or in other situations in their professional or voluntary role.
The Trigger Tool pulls together in one useful document the contact details of a range of agencies and organisations that can be of use when in contact with people who may need support.
The training provides an opportunity to consider how and when to use the information provided in the Tool; with a training pack available for you to take away at the end.
Date - Tuesday 3 July 2018, 1.30-3.30pm
Venue - Totton Hub 1 High Street Totton SO40 9HL
If you would like to book or find out more information contact Debbie Grace Tel. 01425 482773 firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Training Courses:
Community First New Forest can offer commissioned training for your organisation, for example:
Trustee training - this can be delivered at your place of work
Find out what information you need as a trustee and what your legal responsibilities are. This session will provide you with a comprehensive summary including;
- Trustees’ duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities
- Financial Management
2-hour session at a venue in the New Forest
Cost: £35 members £50 non-members
Please email any requests to email@example.com, Tel 01425 482773
What our members say
“Very worthwhile. Thank you.”
“A very good workshop, professionally presented, with excellent handouts and attendee involvement.”
“I feel more confident in my role and would recommend this course to others.”