Wheels to Work
Audio Interview - Rent a Moped in Hampshire with Wheels 2 Work
Also see: Getting Around
Also see: www.wheels2workassociation.org
What our clients say
“It was good for me. It helped me get to my job which meant I could gain more qualifications and I will now be in a much better position to progress my career.”
“Having the moped meant I could work all the shifts my employers wanted me to. I was in danger of losing my job as I could only work the day shifts”
‘I was amazed that within a week of being interviewed for the scheme I had taken my CBT and was riding around on my own moped, the scheme helped me grow in confidence and I was able to work and save for my own moped.’
‘Thank you wheels to work for accepting my son on to the scheme, my son was able to accept an apprenticeship in a rural location, learn a trade, work towards a qualification and save up for his own moped all at the same time.’
What we do
This is a moped loan service which aims to help people 16 and upwards in the Winchester and East Hants area and 16-25 in the New Forest and Test Valley with no access to suitable transport get to work, apprenticeships, training or job interviews.
How we help you
- We provide a fully taxed, insured and maintained 50 cc, 110cc or 125cc moped.
- We provide mandatory Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) that is valid for two years, free of charge.
- We provide a free helmet and lock plus gloves and jacket for a nominal fee.
- The loan period can be up to a maximum of 12 months enabling you to save for and provide your own transport at the end of the loan.
- Local garages for servicing and checks.
- 8 out of 10 hirers on average, have found employment thanks to the W2W scheme.
What does it cost?
We require a deposit of £100 which is refundable at the end of the loan period, subject to the moped being returned in a satisfactory condition.
There is a weekly hire charge,
|Age of hirer||50cc moped||110/125cc moped|
|21 or over||£20.50||£23.00|
All prices include VAT.
The riders are responsible for supplying their own licence (minimum provisional).
Where we provide the service
- 8 mopeds available in the New Forest
- 2 mopeds available in the Test Valley
- 5 mopeds available in Winchester
- 10 mopeds available in East Hampshire
Our office is based in Ringwood
Our commitment to quality
All of our machines are serviced and maintained as required.
We only use approved CBT providers.
How to contact us
Clients can either complete the application forms available here or from our offices:
New Forest and Test Valley Wheels to Work
Community First New Forest
First Floor Offices,
71 Christchurch Road,
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01425 482773 / 07896 218 046
East Hampshire and Winchester Wheels to Work
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 01425 482773 / 07896 212 198
The phone lines are open Monday to Friday 9.30am - 3pm with an answerphone outside of these hours.
- East Hampshire District Council
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council