Wheels to Work
Audio Interview - Rent a Moped in Hampshire with Wheels 2 Work
Also see: Getting Around
Also see: www.wheels2workassociation.org
What our clients say
“It was good for me. It helped me get to my job which meant I could gain more qualifications and I will now be in a much better position to progress my career.”
“Having the moped meant I could work all the shifts my employers wanted me to. I was in danger of losing my job as I could only work the day shifts”
‘I was amazed that within a week of being interviewed for the scheme I had taken my CBT and was riding around on my own moped, the scheme helped me grow in confidence and I was able to work and save for my own moped.’
‘Thank you wheels to work for accepting my son on to the scheme, my son was able to accept an apprenticeship in a rural location, learn a trade, work towards a qualification and save up for his own moped all at the same time.’
What we do
This is a moped loan service which aims to help young people 16 and upwards, in the Winchester and East Hants area and 16-25 in the New Forest and Test Valley who have difficulty accessing public transport to enable them to access employment opportunities or vocational training.
How we help you
- We provide a fully taxed, insured and maintained 50 cc or 125cc moped to enable you to access employment opportunities that you may otherwise be unable to accept due to lack of suitable local transport.
- We provide mandatory Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) that is valid for two years, free of charge.
- We provide a helmet, gloves and hi viz waistcoat free of charge.
- The loan period can be up to a maximum of 12 months enabling you to save for and provide your own transport at the end of the loan.
- Local garages for local servicing and checks.
- 8 out of 10 hirers on average, have found employment, thanks to the W2W scheme.
What does it cost?
We require a deposit of four weeks hire which is refundable at the end of the loan period, subject to the moped being returned in a satisfactory condition.
There is a weekly hire charge, payable by debit card.
- £17 per week if you are under 21and on a 50cc bike
- £19 per week if you are under 21 and on a 125cc bike
- £17.50 per week if you are 21 and over and on a 50cc bike
- £20 per week if you are 21 and over and on a 125cc bike
All prices include VAT. The riders are responsible for supplying their own licence, the minimum requirement being a provisional motorbike licence
Where we provide the service
- 8 mopeds available in the New Forest
- 2 mopeds available in the Test Valley
- 8 mopeds available in Winchester
- 12 mopeds available in East Hampshire
Our office is based in Ringwood
Our commitment to quality
All of our machines are serviced and maintained as required by fully skilled technicians.
Our CBT providers have many years of experience and are fully qualified to teach young people how to ride safely.
How to contact us
Clients can either complete the application forms available here or from our offices:
New Forest and Test Valley
Winchester and East Hampshire
New Forest and Test Valley Wheels 2 Work
Community First New Forest
First Floor Offices,
71 Christchurch Road,
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 01425 482773 / 07896 218 046
East Hampshire and Winchester
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 07896 212 198 / 01425 482773
The phone lines are open Monday to Friday 09.30-15.00 with an answerphone outside of these hours.
- Aster Communities
- East Hampshire District Council
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council
- Winchester City Council