Volunteer Drop-In Sessions
Confused about all the volunteering options? Don’t know where to start looking?
Perhaps you would just like to spend time talking things through on a one to one basis?
We have just the thing for you
The Volunteer Centre holds monthly drop-in sessions across the New Forest in Hythe, New Milton and Ringwood and bi-monthly sessions at Fordingbridge. The sessions are run by experienced volunteers called Ambassadors.
The Volunteer Ambassadors will spend time with you; answering any queries and helping you select unpaid volunteering roles especially suited to you. They can also advise you how to approach your chosen charity and help you complete any application forms.
The monthly drop-in for volunteers in Ringwood has a new home. It’s still the same great, one-stop-shop for all things volunteering but it’s now held in the beautiful Ringwood Meeting House in the heart of the town centre (opposite the bus stands).
To make the most of this special space we’ve also changed the day too; we’re now open on market day.
So why not come down on the last Wednesday in every month between 10am - 12 noon and browse the hundreds of volunteering opportunities available in and around Ringwood.
Whilst you’re there, there’s also the chance to have a look around one of Ringwood’s most historic buildings, to learn more about the town’s colourful past and of course treat yourself to coffee and homemade cake before heading back out to the market.
Make a morning of it. See you at the drop-in.
More information on the Meeting House and Events can be found here: http://www.ringwoodmeetinghouse.org/
Information about Volunteering and the programme of monthly drop-in information sessions across the New Forest can be found on our website: https://www.cfnf.org.uk/volunteer-drop-sessions/
No need to make an appointment – just turn up!
Ringwood Meeting House
- Wednesday 28th June 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 26th July 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 30th August 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
New Milton Library
- Tuesday 11th July 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 8th August 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 12th September 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 10th October 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 19th September 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 17th October 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 14th November 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 12th December 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Tuesday 4th July 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday 5th Sept 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Meet the Volunteer Ambassadors
Viv at Hythe
Viv (pictured to the right) has plenty of experience working with volunteers, having managed the Test Valley Volunteer Centre for a good number of years. Her passion for helping people volunteer shines through as she is a volunteer herself, running the monthly Hythe Drop-In. Viv has a wealth of knowledge about the local area and beyond and is always ready to welcome people and help them find the perfect role.
Geoffrey at New Milton, Fordingbridge and Ringwood
Geoffrey has had a long and varied involvement in volunteering. Giving up his time to be involved in a large number of community events and projects including driving mini-buses, giving school talks for the RNLI, supporting the Stable Family Home Trust and DJ-ing for Hope FM. He’s even spent time as a town Councillor.
Geoffrey believes in the power of volunteering both for the individual and for the wider community. For him it’s about meeting people and helping them to connect to the role that’s right for them.
“After all, it’s not about the money” he jokes, “if it was I’d be rich by now, but it is about feeling valued. I like enjoying the sense that I’ve done a good job and that it’s made a difference.”
Geoffrey runs the drop in sessions monthly at Ringwood and New Milton and Bi-monthly at Fordingbridge. So why not stop by, say hello and find out more.
So what next?
- Visit one of our monthly drop-ins at Hythe, New Milton or Ringwood, or bi-monthly at Fordingbridge, and chat to Geoffrey or Viv our Volunteer Ambassadors
- Check out over 300 volunteer roles in your area at https://www.cfnf.org.uk/volunteering-opportunities-new-forest/ where you can browse by volunteering interest, activity or keyword. You can also apply for roles directly online.
- Or contact Lorraine, your friendly Volunteer Coordinator, on 01425 482773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Think that you could be a Volunteering Ambassador?
There is currently a vacancy for a Volunteer Ambassador in Lymington. Please ring Lorraine Lambert on 01425 482773 for more information on the role and how to apply.