Do you want:
- Information, Advice or Support?
- Help with Funding?
- Free or Low Cost Resources?
- Low Cost Training Opportunities?
- Your Voice to be Heard?
Become a Full Member of Community First!
By becoming a member of Community First New Forest you can take advantage of a range of useful services. Even where there may be a small charge for these services, these are at concessionary rates.
Benefits of membership
- See Disclosure and Barring service page for DBS checks at low cost , Confirming your identity, DBS Eligibility Case Studies, Enhancing DBS identity checking - Scenarios Check here to find out if your organisation or group is eligible to use the DBS service
- A monthly bulletin that will help you with information on funding opportunities, good practice, training and policy
- Subsidised training
- Hire of the Community First New Forest’s minibuses at low cost and participate in our transport brokerage scheme
- Licence for holding a raffle
- Members will be included in any consultation exercise run by Community First New Forest
- Voting rights at Community First New Forest’s AGM
It is hoped that members will play a part in the running of Community First New Forest, attend AGMs and keep Community First New Forest informed of issues affecting them and the voluntary sector locally.
To be a full voting member of CFNF you must be in one or more of the following categories:
- Voluntary and community group
- Faith group
- Social enterprise
- Not-for profit group
and be providing a service in or to the New Forest District.
Associate membership (non-voting)
The following categories entitle associate membership
- A public sector body (eg local authority, town and parish council, school, college and other public sector bodies) serving the New Forest
- Individuals – for health and social care purposes within the New Forest
- A voluntary and community group, faith group or social enterprise which is not providing a service in or to the New Forest
Access to services
All membership services are provided free or at a subsidised rate to full members and free or at the full rate to associate members. DBS checks for associate members are only available to organisations with 25 or less employees/volunteers.
Please follow the link to find out details of our membership rules
- Membership is £10 per year. We believe this represents excellent value for the support and services we provide and will enable us to continue that support.
- Full membership is open to voluntary or statutory bodies serving the New Forest District
- Full members are required to have limited liability of £1 in the event of Community First New Forest being wound up. This liability will never exceed £1.
- Associate membership is available to individuals (health and social care) and other accepted bodies. Associate members do not have the right to vote at the AGM and are not required to have limited liability of £1. However all the benefits stated are available to them.
- Community First New Forest resources can only be used for voluntary and community purposes.
- Community First New Forest reserves the right to reject an application for membership if the Board of Trustees is not convinced that the organisation’s aims and objectives are consistent with those of Community First New Forest.
- Community First New Forest reserves the right not to renew membership of a group or individual if circumstances change and the group or individual no longer fulfils the criteria on which original membership was granted.
Community First New Forest
First Floor Offices,
71 Christchurch Road,
Alternatively, if you have any queries, please telephone 01425 482773 or email email@example.com